Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: HELP Magnified Viewer

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jackthemaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2004
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really want to create an add on to my super 8 camera that will allow me to view what's in the viewfinder without having to put my eye right up to it.

    This is my idea: I want to fashion a small box that would be attached right onto the eypiece, that would bounce the image from the viewfinder through slight magnification, then onto a 2" x "3 (or so) frosted glass panel, that would serve as the viewing surface. This of course would give the same result as a digital camera flip out LCD panel.

    LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE HAS DONE THIS BEFORE or if anyone has any tips.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bigmasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2004
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was once thinking the same thing. I didn't do anything, but what I had in mind was to attach a small hand held dv-cam to my super-8 so that it would actually just shoot the picture from the viewfinder in my super-8 camera and I could use the lcd on the dv-cam. Never did anything because I don't have a small dv-cam... *laughs* Would like to try it though if I get my hands on a hand-held dv-cam some time.... I don't know how you should adjust the focus in the dv-cam..?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •